Gather a group of friends, pack a picnic rug and relax for an afternoon of live music.
Spend the day under the shade of the Gum Trees listening to smooth tunes and funky beats along the banks of the Avoca River.
We have a powerhouse line up of local musicians playing both original music and covers.
This is a Free event that everyone can enjoy.
The Line Up!
- deborahN (aka Deb Lowah Clark) is a singer-songwriter whose music and sounds envelop the audience in smooth tones that embrace an eclectic indie rock, folk, soul, gospel and Indigenous RnB style. She is a proud Meriam, Torres Strait Islander, born on Wadawurrung Country. deborahN’s original songs tell stories of life, while covers sung give listeners a reminder of past songs brought back into the present. This musical experience gives audiences a unique view of life from Deb’s perspective. Among her many performance experiences, Deb is a member of Motor City Sounds, Sweet Mona’s Choir, and has also performed at Yirimboi Festival in Coconut Woman.
- Candi W Candi Wade music Candi is a 25 year old local musician who has been playing in and around the scene in Victoria for 10 years. Candi has developed an angelic live presence, captivating audiences with her raw and honest delivery. Exploring alternative outlets for songwriting such as a vocal looper, Candi showcases her love for composing, the layering of harmonies and the freedom of using her own voice as accompaniment while building whole songs from an idea and stand alone bass line. Using track effects and lots of patience, songs start to emerge. Candi graduated from Collarts with her diploma of music performance in 2023 and has returned to performing and writing, hoping to record and release some of her new music this year.
- Marty P Get ready for a relaxed and refreshing afternoon as Marty P’s Smokeytown deliver fresh jangly tunes, sweet melodies and tight hornlines.
- Harry Hook is Real harry hook is…who? harry hook is real is an ARIA-nominated performer and songwriter who has toured around Australia, Europe and the USA playing in all kinds of venues from state theatres, small halls, backyards to barrooms. He currently works on Gunaikurnai land in Sale (Wayput / Flooding Creek). In 2014, he won the International Songwriting Competition unsigned category and subsequently released a solo album with Warner Music. He has played in session bands for Kasey Chambers and has supported Lucinda Williams, Paul Kelly, Ryan Bingham and Busby Marou to name a few. In 2018, he moved back to Gippsland from Nashville to begin work on a new solo project as an independent artist. 2023 has seen the release of his 4th solo album, produced by Greg Walker (Paul Kelly, CW Stoneking). His music has campfire country, folk and blues influences with a strong focus on the lyric, all driven by his unique, self-taught finger picking style.
The Food Trucks
- Avoca Friends of the Pool – BBQ
- Wood Fire Pizza
- Luigi’s Gelato
Kids Entertainment – The Chipolatas
This event is part of a series of events called Play in the Pyrenees